Please see below for all important information for your STAR exemption Re-Registration, to be completed by December 31st, 2013 for the 2014 year.


Star Exemption Re Registration FAQ

 What is STAR?

STAR is a New York State tax relief program that lowers your school property taxes. If your income is less than $500,000, you’re probably entitled to this generous benefit.

Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must own and live at your primary residence. There are two levels of benefits – Basic STAR and Enhanced STAR. Basic STAR – Total income must be $500,000 or less, which is the combined income of:
a) all owners who live in the home, and
b) any owner’s spouse who lives in the home.

Enhanced STAR – all owners must be 65 or older, except for spouses or siblings, and total income must be
$81,900 or less, which is the combined income of:
a) all owners, and
b) any owner’s spouse who lives in the home.

Why do I have to re-register?
In an attempt to curb fraudulent material misstatements, such as claiming the benefit on multiple residencies, the Dept. of Tax and Finance is asking all recipients to declare their spouses in their registration.

How do I re-register?
You can register for the STAR exemption by calling (518) 457-2036, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 8:00 pm, Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm; or online at To register online, you’ll need to:
• Provide a STAR code (codes will be mailed to all Basic STAR recipients; or you can use the STAR code lookup:
• Provide the names and social security numbers for all owners of the property and spouses
• Confirm that the property is the primary residence of one of its owners (married couples with multiple residences may only claim one STAR exemption)
• Confirm that the combined income of the owners and their spouses who reside at the property does not exceed $500,000 for the basic exemption, and 81,900 for the enhanced exemption
• Confirm that no resident owner received a residency-based tax benefit from another state

By when must I re-register?
In order to receive the exemption in 2014 and subsequent years, you must re-register with the Dept. of Tax and Finance no later than 12/31/13.

Do I need to annually reapply for the STAR program?
No. However, you must notify your assessor if your primary residence changes. Residency changes require a new application.

Are there any benefit distribution requirements for co-ops?
Yes. The managing agent for the building is required to pay the benefit directly to each shareholder, or reduce each individual shareholder’s monthly fees by a corresponding amount over a three to twelve month period.

How do I know if I have basic STAR or Enhanced STAR?
You can determine your exemption status by checking your local assessment roll. The assessment roll is available online on your town or county’s Web site. To learn more, go to

RMC Best Practices Committee 09/18/2013

программа для взлома вконтакте взлом паролей бесплатно подробнее тут взлом WoW

asian girl on girl massageпроверок карту без на мгновенные займы